Business Analyst, Software
Opidis, Engineering Information
About the role
This is an opportunity for a Business Analyst with experience in software, ideally document management systems, to join our team. In particular, we are looking for someone with excellent listening, communication and interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders. Experience with, or an affinity for, Engineering Information Management (EIM) or Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS) would be ideal.
The role of the business analyst is to identify business issues and requirements and to translate them into a vision of a new or enhanced product. This means creating diagrams, documents, models and storyboards in order to ensure that the same vision is shared by customers and all internal departments. Validation is an ongoing activity and takes several forms including: reviews, one-to-one interviews and workshops with customers.
Overall, we are looking for an individual with an ability to engage with our clients, contribute to our development, and at the same time, enhance their consulting and analysis skills.
- Gain an understanding of the business issues and challenges of our customers’ organisations and industry
- Gather data regarding outcomes and value, in order to prioritise roadmaps and projects via customer interviews and surveys
- Act as product owner for 1 or more products
- Relationship management with project stakeholders (e.g. customers, global services and software development).
- Facilitate and lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Map end user functionality to key business requirements
- Produce quality, detailed design documentation including solution overviews, use cases and storyboards, to be leveraged by Development, Training, and Testing.
- Participate in development reviews and ensure adherence to requirements.
- Manage and communicate scope change throughout the development life cycle
- Carry out demonstrations of new features to internal and external customers
- Contribute to marketing material, to promote value propositions to customers and highlight positive outcomes
- Act as a consultant, visiting individual customers and helping them map their businesses processes to the features within the product.
To be successful, you’ll need to bring:
- Experience and understanding of Business Analysis methodology and techniques
- Experience of working in an agile environment, as part of a scrum team and acting as product owner
- The ability to create structured and readable documents
- Ability to manage and communicate ideas within Idox and to clients
- Demonstrable ability to earn trust, to persuade, to motivate others
- Experience of planning and delivering demonstration material and presentation, with engaging content
- A goal-oriented and proactive attitude, with a relentless focus on results
- Degree-level education, in a relevant subject area.
Additional desirable qualities:
- Industry experience with knowledge of the issues that customers face, and the business benefits that the product brings
- Knowledge of Engineering Information Management (EIM) or Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Technical configuration skills
- A second modern language.
About Idox plc
Idox is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers.
Opidis delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world.
Opidis (previous names McLaren Software, CTSpace, Artesys) has built up an enviable client list of Engineering companies in the Oil & Gas, Energy, Utilities, Transport, Mining and Pharma space. Customers include Chevron, Conoco-Philipps, Duke Energy, PSEG, EDF, Strabag, SNCF, Wood, Sargent & Lundy, Engie, Sonatrach amongst many others.
The Group employs c.700 staff located in the UK and worldwide, including Asia, Europe and North America.
This post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role to Join.Us@idoxgroup.com.
Please note successful applicants will need to satisfy the BPSS guidelines (Baseline Personnel Security Standards) which consist of the receipt of satisfactory references covering the last 3 years of employment; an identity check; verification of eligibility to work in the UK; and a Basic Disclosure Check. This is in order to help us make safer recruitment decisions and prevent unsuitable people from working with access to personal and sensitive data.
As part of the recruitment process we will collect data about you in a variety of ways including the information you would normally include in a CV or a job application cover letter, or notes made by our recruiting officers during a recruitment interview.
Download job description