About the role
Idox is recruiting for a Junior Legal Counsel to join its developing Legal Team supporting our UK and international businesses. You will have core experience in drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, with a desire to support the wider business with project specific work, whether dealing introducing new processes such as GDPR compliance across the group, support M&A activity, or supporting training initiatives.
The Legal Team plays an integral role in supporting stakeholders across the Idox organisation by advocating the company’s best interests and advising on legal issues relevant to the business. We are looking for a qualified lawyer with a genuine interest in commercial law and is happy to work autonomously as well as in a team. Working for Idox means you will be joining a fast-paced, ever- changing corporate environment. You will be part of the integrated, wider Corporate Services community which supports Idox (an AIM listed company). Please follow the link for further information: https://www.idoxgroup.com
In particular, we are interested in hearing from candidates who have worked in the Tech sector before, in-house or in practice, and therefore have an understanding of Software and IT Solutions (for example - bids, licensing, procurement, renewals, sales and supply). You will have regular contact with Executive Management across the business and will interact with operational staff, UK and International. You will apply your expertise to a range of commercial activities and compliance requirements, applying rigor and contract due diligence, keeping Idox in line with best practice and current commercial contract law.
You will get the chance work in a small legal team making real impacts and will have the opportunity to learn and develop new skills.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of legal and commercial contracts such as professional services, client contract agreements, supply agreements, software licensing agreements, framework contracts, internal business policies, contract templates, data privacy and other technology agreements;
- supporting on business wide projects and liaising extensively with internal stakeholders;
- continuously improving and maintaining the contracts database and workflows;
- effectively manage deliverables in a fast moving environment;
- Provide legal support in all kinds of commercial activity, including due diligence, compliance, M&A, and corporate work.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- A qualified Solicitor (in any UK jurisdiction) with more than 1 year of PQE;
- Possess strong commercial acumen and experience of drafting, negotiating and reviewing a
wide variety of commercial and technology contracts, with a solid knowledge of contract law,
employment law, IP, public procurement and regulatory compliance;
- A flexible and robust person who can work well and prioritise work from diverse internal
stakeholders under tight delivery dates;
- Clear and concise communication skills and can present complex legal risks in a format
which is relevant and appropriate;
- Work both autonomously and as part of a small team collectively advising both the global
functional and cross functional teams;
- Supporting and working alongside senior stakeholders across the business;
- Contribute to improving the contracting cycle and internal processes to help scale for growth by
assisting with the drafting and implementation of templates and policies; and
- Possess keen commercial awareness and have an understanding of legal and reputational issues
relevant to the business (including, sales & marketing, promotions, advertising, consumer and
data privacy laws, competition law, finance issues and commercial contracts).
Additional desirable qualities:
- Fluent in a European language would be beneficial but not essential
Applications will be responded to quickly, in person – please include full contact details including a
phone number where you can be reached during the day.
Download job description