Bringing local government into the 21st century is fraught with well documented challenges. In 2015, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) carried out a survey into local government leaders’ views on digital transformation. The research identified six key barriers to digital adoption:
- Legacy systems and ICT infrastructure
- Lack of development funds
- Unwillingness to change / non-cooperation of colleagues
- Lack of in-house digital skills
- Culturally uncomfortable for the organisation
- Supplier inflexibility
In our latest blog, Idox’s Steven McGinty discusses what’s holding back digital transformation in local government.