Idox Information Service
The Idox Information Service is the most complete and accessible source of evidence and research for the public sector in the UK.
Established for over thirty years and with over 200,000 users, the Information Service covers all aspects of local government. Key areas of focus include public sector management, economic development, planning, housing, social services, regeneration, education, and environmental services. Front-line staff, managers, councillors, policymakers and consultants all benefit from membership.
The Idox Information Service is an essential resource which:
- supports decision-making in commissioning and delivery of public services
- provides research and information to support evidence-based practice
- benefits individuals and organisations by supporting CPD
Access to the Idox Information Service is through the Knowledge Exchange annual membership subscription and provides users with a single access point for up-to-date and reliable information.
We also offer:
- The Scottish Planning Appeal Decisions Service (SPADS) – a database of planning appeal decisions in Scotland. Every year around 1,200 planning appeal decisions are made by the Scottish Government's Directorate for Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA). We provide a searchable archive of appeal letters dating back to 1976. Members of the Information Service can use the SPADS service free of charge. Non-members can pay per use.
- Scottish Planning and Environmental Law (SPEL) – a bi-monthly journal on all aspects of planning and environmental law, published for over thirty years.
Idox Information Service features:
- Database of policy documents, policy analysis, and research in all areas of public sector policy and practice
- Team of experts working on behalf of members to save them time and keep them informed
- Research service available via phone or email
- Traditional library service with books posted out to members to read when and where it suits them
Visit www.theknowledgeexchange.co.uk for more information.