All Idox's software solutions are "spatially enabled". This means that all records are able to be displayed on a map embedded within the solution.
Whether the records relate to points (e.g. the location of a property), a line (e.g. the extent of a street or a polygon such as the geographical extent of a property or piece of land), the map display helps visualise how one record or set of records relates to another.
Providing this "spatial" dimension within our software ensures that we can deliver value to every user: from casual use by members of the public through periodic use by councillors to regular professional users.
Idox’s Mapping solutions provide the following capabilities:
- Automatic spatial reporting (e.g. providing information based on location - near to a specific address or within a specific area, such as a councillor's ward)
- Identifying and displaying the location of similar records (e.g. high risk food premises, properties having more than 2 bedrooms)
- Visually comparing one set of values with another for example the location of approved developments within specific areas (e.g. green belt development)
- Assisting with the planning of resource location (e.g. the location of Polling Stations based on population density of the location of staff or premises based on service demand)
- The provision of "self service" information to citizens who are able to request the type of information they require based on one or more location types (e.g. within 50M of an address, within a postcode area, within a user defined polygon drawn on the map)
Idox mapping solutions are provided with all of our Public Access solutions used by citizens and councillors as well as the administration systems used by public sector professionals.